Video games are cool. The true-to-life pictures are staggering and the thrill of online competition provides a huge rush. But what happens when you mix this with violence?
My Texas friend Trey Gibson and I host this weekly podcast dedicated to family and parenting topics. Check out the show at The Real Family Guys Podcast Episode 12. You’ll find a new episode of us there every Friday.
Today’s topics include:
Video games and violence. Trey and I discuss:
- Should we let our kids play them?
- Should we be playing them?
- What are the ramifications?
- Is “desensitization” real?
- Are we over-reacting as a society?
- How should a parent evaluate these games?
- The top 10 most violent games, according to Parenting.com.
But most of all, let us know what you want us to talk about! It can be an issue that you’re having, a news story that you’ve seen, a personal story about your family, and more. Simply use my Contact form or click the telephone at right to leave a message for me 24 hours a day.