Book Me to Speak at Your Event
Thanks for visiting my speaking page. Here, you’ll find out more about me, my most-requested speaking topics, my schedule, and how to book me for your event. You will find a handy form at the bottom of this page to reach me with inquiries.
A little about me
My name’s Paul McGuire, and I’m an author, blogger, and speaker in addition to my day job as a technical manager. I believe that we all have a calling and purpose in life and that, as parents, it is our job to help our kids identify theirs.
I have been trained by The Lampo Group, Dave Ramsey’s parent company, on their financial coaching and counseling methodology. I started the Affluent Student blog in 2011 to share my insights on 20 years of parenting.
I am a brand-new graduate of the University of Alabama at Birmingham’s Master of Engineering program. It is there that I uncovered my passion for teaching parents and for building a business from the ground up. As a Christian, my faith is woven throughout my content; however, I speak for a variety of audiences, including businesses.
I love to speak on money, college, careers and winning habits and behaviors. All of these are interwoven to help children reach their fullest potential. My talks are filled with personal accounts on the struggles and triumphs that I’ve faced in these different areas.
What you can expect
If you book me to speak at your event, here’s what you can expect:
- Prompt response to your email and telephone correspondence.
- Personal consultation before the event to ensure I understand what you want.
- Promotion of your event on my blog and social media channels.
- Excellent delivery full of personal anecdotes, challenges, and conversational tone.
- Immediate followup after the event for feedback.
Regular speaking topics
I speak on a variety of topics; here are some of the most common categories:
- Personal Finance
- All Things College (Selection, Admission, Financing, Progressing)
- Winning Behaviors and Habits
- Careers and The New Workplace
Talks & speeches
While I can speak to your group on the topics listed above, the following list represents those that are ready for delivery today. Use the form at the bottom of the page to request more information and to check availability.
- The Stark Realities of Student Loans
- The When, What, Why, and How of Scholarships
- Too Much Kid at the End of the Money – Finances and Kids
- Why Middle School is THE Time to Prepare for College
- Facing Mount Everest – Estimating Your Child’s College Costs
- Scaling Mount Everest – Conquering Your Child’s College Costs
- Oh My Gosh, My Child Doesn’t Want to Go to College!
- An Unbeatable Team – Engaged Parents and Teachers
- Training for the Long Run – Building Winning Behaviors and Habits
- Get a Job – Why College is not the Place to Discover Yourself
- Time Management For The Busy Family
- The Twenty-First Century Career
What People Are Saying
“I would wholeheartedly recommend Paul to anyone.” – Jason Cromes
“Paul is a leader who demonstrates true optimism. When he is in charge of a project – you never wonder where things are going.” – Dale Callahan
“If I were to sum up all of his excellent attributes, the result would simply be this: Paul gets things done and done well.” – Don Appleby